Club OpenRoad Program Terms and Conditions
Club OpenRoad Rules and Regulations
- OpenRoad Auto Group has the right to terminate the Club OpenRoad program at any time.
- OpenRoad may change the Club OpenRoad program rules, regulations, benefits, conditions of participation, or points levels for awards, in whole or in part, at any time without notice, even though changes may affect the value of the points already accumulated. OpenRoad may withdraw, limit, modify or cancel any award redemption, or increase the point rate at any time. OpenRoad has the final say as to whether a product qualifies for Club OpenRoad award redemption.
- Official program start date is February 13, 2012.
- Each point is worth $.01 toward the purchase of your next OpenRoad new or used vehicle.
- Club OpenRoad points expire 7 years from the date awarded. Consistent with the general rules and regulations of the Club OpenRoad program, OpenRoad reserves the right to change the Club OpenRoad program at any time without notice, including imposition of expiration limits. If no point amount from any source is posted to a Club OpenRoad member's account for three consecutive years, the account is subject to termination, including forfeiture of all accrued points.
- OpenRoad reserves the right to make Club OpenRoad Bonus Points and promotional offers available to members based on activity, geographic location, program participation, or information supplied by the member.
- All point amounts and subsequent award redemptions must be earned and used according to the rules and guidelines in this Member's Guide. OpenRoad has the final say as to whether an activity qualifies for Club OpenRoad award redemption.
- OpenRoad reserves the right to cease mailing or emailing materials to any Club OpenRoad member who has not accumulated point amount for a 60-day period.
- Abuse of the Club OpenRoad program (including failure to follow program policies and procedures, the sale or barter of award redemptions and any misrepresentation of fact relating thereto or other improper conduct, as determined by OpenRoad in its' sole judgment, may result in cancellation of the member's account and future disqualification from program participation, and forfeiture of all points accrued.
- OpenRoad reserves the right to interpret and apply the policies and procedures communicated in this Member's Guide. All determinations by OpenRoad shall be final and conclusive in each case. This Member's Guide supersedes all previously issued Member's Guides.
- Please allow six to eight weeks for all points to be credited to your Club OpenRoad account.
- From time to time, the data you have furnished to OpenRoad may be used to bring you relevant and valuable offers from Club OpenRoad partners. If you do not wish us to use it for this purpose, please contact the Club OpenRoad Service Center at 1-800-859-9820.
- Point credit is transferrable only to an immediate family member or person residing in the same household. Person transferring points must be present at time of redemption and provide their Club OpenRoad member number and PIN.
- The Club OpenRoad Member Program is open to any individual with a valid email address in any country that has not prohibited participation in points programs, with the exception of countries in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and the Indian Subcontinent.
- Corporations or other legal entities cannot be enrolled as members.
- Only one person may be enrolled per Club OpenRoad account. An individual may have only one account and that must be in his/her real (legal) name. Membership will be listed under the participant's full name including title (Mr., Ms., etc.) and middle initial.
- Membership is non-transferable.
- Club OpenRoad points will not regularly be awarded for failure to activate your Club OpenRoad Membership.
- Effective July 1, 2017 if a customer has not activated their Club OpenRoad membership, at the time of purchase, the customer may still request their Club OpenRoad points balance but for service history based on the last 12 months only.
- If the customer does not activate their Club OpenRoad membership, their points balance will be erased from their member account after 12 months.
- Any existing Club OpenRoad member, enrolled but not activated prior to July 1, 2017 can request retroactive credit at the time of purchase beyond the last 12 months.
Redeeming Points for Club OpenRoad Awards
- All awards redemptions are issued through Club OpenRoad on behalf of OpenRoad Auto Group.
- All awards redemptions valid for use on new or pre-owned vehicle purchases at OpenRoad locations only.
- You may not redeem points for lease buyouts.
- A maximum of $2,500 (250,000 points) may be redeemed at any one time toward the purchase of a new or used vehicle.
- In order to redeem, member must provide their Club OpenRoad member number, PIN and valid I.D. at time of purchase.
- Club OpenRoad points have no cash value and will not be returned.
- Point amount award levels are subject to change at any time without notice.
- The sale, purchase, brokerage, resale, barter or exchange of Club OpenRoad points for compensation is expressly prohibited. Any violation of these rules will result in confiscation at any time, closure of the Club OpenRoad account, and forfeiture of points accrued.
- You are responsible for paying all applicable taxes, fees and surcharges for products purchased.
As a Member of the Club OpenRoad Program, you are in complete control. This includes controlling the use of information you provide to OpenRoad and the Club OpenRoad Program.
Below are some commonly asked questions and answers about privacy and the collection of data regarding the Club OpenRoad Program. If you have additional questions, please contact us.
What information does the Club OpenRoad Program collect and how do we use it?
When a member enrolls, the Club OpenRoad Program collects the following information:
Home phone number
Personal PIN Number
We use your personal information for a variety of purposes, including targeting specific customers for special offers. We do not collect credit card information.
When you send us an email, we will retain the content of the email, your email address, our response and the text of any follow-up questions you may have. We use this information to measure how effectively we address customer concerns online.
How is my information protected?
Drive Reawrds uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology security standards supported by Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0 and higher along with other popular browsers to protect your personal information.
SSL encrypts your, name, address, and phone number before they travel over the Internet. This makes doing business over the Internet as secure as purchasing by telephone.
With whom do you share my information?
When you enroll in the Club OpenRoad Program, we use the information you provide to keep track of the Club OpenRoad points you earn, and present relevant partner offers. We will also, from time to time, keep you informed of OpenRoad partner special deals and other information we feel may be of interest to you.
We do not sell or trade individual customer names or other private profile information to third parties and have no intention of doing so in the future.
How do I tell the Club OpenRoad Program that I don't want to be contacted for promotional purposes?
As a Member of the Club OpenRoad Program you have the option to receive updates from the Club OpenRoad Program and the Club OpenRoad Program Partners about special offers, new OpenRoad services and noteworthy news. To receive this information, you must check the appropriate box on the enrollment form when completing your Member Information profile. If you decide you would rather not receive these emails, you can always contact the Club OpenRoad Program.
How do I correct my personal information on your site?
You may change your personal information at any time by contacting the Club OpenRoad hotline at 1-800-859-9820
How can I contact The Club OpenRoad Program?
Simply Click Here.